Body Count Rising has reported that the day has finally come for “boomstick” fans everywhere! Here are all the details on the upcoming 3-Disc Blu-ray set as revealed by Scream Factory, which is set for an official release on October 27, 2015.
DISC ONE (Theatrical Version – 81 min.) – 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0
• NEW Medieval Times: The Making Of “Army Of Darkness” featuring interviews with star & co-producer Bruce Campbell, actors Marcus Gilbert, Ted Raimi, Timothy Quill, Richard Grove, Bill Moseley, Patricia Tallman and Angela Featherstone, director of photography Bill Pope, editor Bob Murawski, production designer Anthony Tremblay, composer Joseph Lo Duca, costume designer Ida Gearon, special make-up effects artists Howard Berger, Tony Gardner, Robert Kurtzman and Greg Nicotero, “Pit Bitch” performer and effects artist William Bryan, mechanical effects artist Gary Jones, first assistant director John Cameron, visual effects supervisor William Mesa, and stunt coordinator Christopher Doyle (96 min.)
• Original Ending
• Original Opening With Optional Commentary by Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell
• Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary by Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell
• Theatrical Trailer
• TV Spots
• Home Video Promo
DISC TWO (Director’s Cut – 96 min.) – 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0
• Audio Commentary with director Sam Raimi, actor Bruce Campbell and co-writer Ivan Raimi
• NEW Additional Behind-The-Scenes Footage From KNB Effects (55 min.)
• Vintage Creating The Deadites Featurette (21 min.)
• Vintage “Making Of” Featurette
• Extended Interview Clips with Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Robert Tapert
DISC THREE (International Cut – 88 min.) – 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0
• NEW 4K Scan Of The International Inter-positive
• Television Version With Additional Footage (90 min., Standard Definition (1.33:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0)
• Theatrical Trailer
• NEW Still Galleries With Rare Behind-The-Scenes Photos from production designer Anthony Tremblay, visual effects supervisor William Mesa, and special make-up effects artists Tony Gardner and KNB EFX, Inc. (Over 200 Stills)
• NEW Still Gallery Of Props And Rare Photos from the collection of super fan Dennis Carter Jr.
• NEW Storyboards for Deleted or Alternate Scenes
• Vintage The Men Behind The Army Featurette (19 min.)
Q: Is the U.S. Theatrical version a new transfer?
A: Unfortunately, we were not able to do a new transfer of the theatrical cut (which was provided by our partners at Universal). However, we did do additional color correction.
Q: Why is the International version a 4K transfer and not the Director’s Cut?
A: Our original intention was to do a new 4K scan on the director’s cut, so we started with elements that were available in the MGM vault. Unfortunately, we could not find all of the additional footage (film and audio) for the 96 minute Director’s Cut.