20th Century Fox to celebrate “Alien Day” on April 26
Taking a page from Universal Studio’s “Back to the Future day” from last year, 20th Century Fox has announced that April 26th will be “Alien Day.” In a story from Coming Soon.net, this celebration of the science fiction horror franchise, Alien Day’s celebration on 4/26 is a nod to the exmoon LV-426, where the xenomorphs were first discovered in Ridley Scott’s 1979 original. Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products will have a few treats arriving on Alien Day, including a limited edition replica of Aliens‘Reebok Stompers.
The Reebok Stompers, which you can take a larger look at below, are said to be one of the most-requested licensed products. The shoes, worn by Sigourney Weaver’s Ellen Ripley (as well as the mid tops worn by Lance Henrikson as the Android Bishop) will be available beginning April 26th at Reebok.com and select Reebok stores worldwide. There are not yet official details on pricing or availability.
The Alamo Drafthouse, meanwhile, will celebrate Alien Day by producing a nationwide screening program on April 26th that returns the Alien franchise to theaters across the country. In over 20 cities, including Austin, New York, Los Angeles and Dallas, participating Alamo locations as well as partner venues will showcase a double-feature presentation of Alien and Aliens. In Alamo locations, each pre-ordered ticket includes a Mondo-designed Alien T-shirt, released exclusively for the event screenings. Additionally, the screenings will be accompanied by exclusive Alien merchandise—including apparel, accessories, posters and records—from pop-culture company Mondo. Tickets go on sale tomorrow. Click here to find a full list of participating theaters.
Other Alien products arriving/being revealed for Alien Day include:
– NECA‘s first ever Lieutenant Vasquez (Jenette Goldstein) and Newt (Carrie Henn) figures as well as the release of a Kenner toy-Inspired Ellen Ripley figure
– Funko LLC‘s Aliens Queen & Power Loader and Ripley figure set in the tradition of their wildly-popular ReAction retro action figure series
– Dark Horse Comics will expound upon Brian Wood and Tristan Jones’ ongoing Aliens comic book series with exclusive covers for participating retailers and a deluxe 30th anniversary hardcover version of the original Aliens series from 1986
– Titan Books launches the brand-new novel “Alien: Invasion (The Rage War book 2)” by Tim Lebbon
– Available on Audible; a brand new audio drama, “Alien: Out of the Shadows” – starring Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner) in his first audio role, Matthew Lewis (Harry Potter series) and Corey Johnson (The Bourne Ultimatum) is a terrifying fight for survival and an intense struggle between human and artificial intelligence
– Fox Digital Entertainment, in partnership with Zen Studios, will launch three digital Alien pinball tables via iTunes, Google Play, PlayStation Network, XBOX Live and Steam.
– Together with Dark Horse Comics, DC Entertainment will re-release the fan-favorite “Batman vs Alien” comics for the first time in over a decade
– Horror apparel retailer Fright Rags will release limited edition Alien themed apparel
– The Upper Deck Company will launch Aliens Anthology Collector Trading Cards and an “Aliens Vs” Trading Card Game system
– Hot Toys will announce an all-new Alien Ripley 1/6th figure
– Kotobukiya unleashes an assortment of highly-detailed collectables, including a 1:10 scale Warrior Drone ARTFX+ statue from Aliens and mini “Big Chap” figurines
– Insight Editions will release the trade edition of the Weyland-Yutani Report
– Sideshow Collectibles will debut an all-new Alien Internecivus Raptus Statue
– Super 7 has developed several toys in honor of Alien Day, including Alien Muscle figures on card, an Alien ReAction carrying case with exclusive Alien figure, a Nostromo playset Kit Bash kit, a Japanese vinyl Queen and Aliens Glassware
– Loot Crate will launch a limited-edition Aliens 30th Anniversary crate on 4/26 filled with exclusive merchandise, collectibles and more from all core licensee partners
– Japan-based toy company Medicom Toy will release a VCD (vinyl super deformed) Alien figure and a retro style Aliens figure via Diamond Comics
– USAopoly will launch a pair of classic board games with a twist: Yahtzee Alien vs Predator and Clue: Alien vs Predator
– Hollywood Collectibles will release a large-scale model of the Derelict from Alien, molded from an original model that H.R. Giger created for an exhibition in Las Vegas
Of course, it’s also a pretty safe bet that Alien Day will bring us some news tied to Ridley Scott’s upcoming Alien: Covenant. Set to star Michael Fassbender, Demian Bichir, Katherine Waterston, Danny McBride, Jussie Smolett, Amy Seimetz, Carmen Ejogo, Callie Hernandez and Ben Rigby, Alien: Covenant hits the big screen August 4, 2017. Check back for updates as they become available.
What are your thoughts about “Alien Day?” Does this excite people for the upcoming Alien: Covenant, or does this provide a disservice to the Alien franchise in general?
We want to know what you think so please leave a comment in the section below the article, and if this is your first time visiting please be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use.