The Two Gay Geeks just received this press from CBS announcing the licensing of “Star Trek – The Original Series Set Tour” in Ticonderoga, New York. The Tours are based on the meticulously re-created sets of the Star Trek Original Series, put together with loving care by James Cawley and scores of volunteers. Click here to read the CBS press release.
In one month, upstate New York’s premier fan-run Star Trek, sci fi and pop culture event, TREKONDEROGA, will take place in Ticonderoga, New York on August 12 – 14, 2016. Known as the un-convention, Trekonderoga is small, intimate, and unrushed. Trekonderoga is a chance to meet stars and participate in a fun variety of events in a small and personal setting.
Our stars this year include:
- from 2001: A Space Odyssey stars Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood (also Star Trek);
- sci fi and western star Michael Dante;
- Star Trek alums BarBara Luna and Beverly Washburn;
- ”Cousin It” on the Addams Family and “Twiggy” on Buck Rogers – Felix Silla;
- and. from Star Trek and Days of our Lives Louise Sorel.
- a special presentation on the iconic movie 2001: A Space Odyssey with Keir Dullea & Gary Lockwood;
- a chance to mingle with our celebrities at Dinner with the Stars;
- special effects, costuming & makeup workshops, panels on Star Trek, the science behind the fiction; and more!
- celebrity presentations, questions and answers, autographs, & photos
- Elvis & Blues Brothers tribute concert;
- ice cream social- a family friendly “parking lot party”;
- cosplay costume contest;
- trivia contest; and
- MUCH MUCH MORE!!
Ticonderoga NY is a “tank of gas away” for much of the Northeastern USA, Eastern Ontario and Quebec. Nestled in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains, there is beautiful scenery and historic Fort Ticonderoga – “America’s Fort”.
Check us out at www.trekonderoga.com!! Tickets are limited!
If you have any questions please contact Trekonderoga@gmail.com
Live long and prosper!
Will you be going to Trekonderoga? What are your feelings regarding this agreement between CBS and James Cawley? Did James sell out, or does this signal a more conciliatory position on the part of CBS? Will your feelings regarding the issues with Paramount and CBS color your decision to go? Does Trekonderoga itself seem like a worthwhile Star Trek/Sci-Fi event to attend?
Your thoughts are important to us, so please leave a comment in the section below the article, and if this is your first time visiting please be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use.