We talk about his career and this film in particular and how he got involved and where it is going.
Have a listen as we find out about Generation Change.
About Lee Kolinsky
Lee Kolinsky is an award-winning screenwriter whose career includes developing stories and co-writing screenplays for the independent feature films Send No Flowers and The Blue Lizard. He has also written screenplays for the award-winning short films Junkie Heaven, Bullified, Hunter’s Moon, and Stand Up Guy. With a foundation in journalism, Lee has provided content for Doubleday Entertainment, Columbia House DVD, BMG, PR Newswire, yourmusic.com, and the Nassau Herald Community Newspapers.
About Seven 13 Films
Seven13 films is dedicated to providing social messages that spark conversation through the art of filmmaking. With several years of experience in television and film, Seven13 films offers comprehensive media strategies designed to drive education, awareness, community outreach and engagement on important public issues.
Seven 13 films produced the documentary film, PEI Kids: Generation Change, a film that interviews adjudicated and at-risk Trenton city youth and how they would solve current problems in their community. The film’s director and producer Joseph A. Halsey is a New Jersey resident who grew up in Trenton and is excited to have been recognized for the social awareness movie.
“The idea is to inspire young people to seek out the art of filmmaking by exposing them to the process right in their own back yard,” said Joseph A. Halsey, co-owner of Seven13 films. “We are hoping to bring the filming process into areas where film companies typically don’t operate.”
PEI Kids’ mission is dedicated to promoting and maintaining a safe environment for all children. The agency’s Juvenile Intervention Services programs work with first-and second-time juvenile offenders and youth at-risk of juvenile justice involvement, helping them change the trajectory of their lives.
In our second segment we talk about our visit to the Men’s Wearhouse store in Phoenix and how incredibly impressed we were with their service, and then we chat about watching Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse, how much we enjoyed it and why we did so. In our third segment, we highlight recent articles posted to the tggeeks.com n the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Webcast Episode 210
- Ben’s Breakdown | A New Discovery with Star Trek: Short Takes
- Ben’s Breakdown | Three Episode Thoughts: A Discovery of Witches
- Ben’s “Gay” Breakdown | Shared Rooms
- Dr. Zombie – Monster Family Physician #37
- Five Feet Apart Trailer | In Theaters March 15
- Roman Media’s 5th Annual Hollywood Event | TG Geeks Special Coverage
- PRESS RELEASE: Virgin Galactic Makes Space Higher and Faster!
- Ben’s “Gay” Breakdown | At The End Of The Day
- Press Release: CATSBURY PARK Announces Musical Purrr-formances incl. THE LOVE CATS (feat. members of Gaslight Anthem, Loved Ones)
- This Week In Home Entertainment: Ralph Breaks The Internet and The Little Mermaid
- Bohemian Rhapsody Review | Gini’s Yaps
- Curse of the Phantom Shadow Releases New Behind the Scenes Sneak Peek
- The OA: Part II Trailer | On Netflix March 22
- Netflix Umbrella Academy: Quirky and Bold | Andrea’s Angle
- Greta: Twisted Thriller, Lacks Suspense | Andrea’s Angle
- Ben’s Breakdown | Tom and Grant
- News Sushi #52: Morsels of News from Japan and Beyond
- Erin’s Arcade of Words | Game Geek Introduction
- Ruben Brandt, Collector is A True Original
- Priest of Bones by Peter McLean | Ro Reads
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by email, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site) to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.