TG Geeks Webcast Episode 214
The Two Gay Geeks have a chat with Director Emma Tammi, whose directorial debut film, The Wind will have a special screening at The Egyptian Theater in Los Angeles and be released in theaters and on VOD April 5th.
Have a listen and look for the film when it comes to your area.
About Emma Tammi
Emma Tammi is a filmmaker based in Los Angeles, whose most recent documentary films include Election Day (EPIX / Blumhouse) and Fair Chase (iTunes/Amazon). THE WIND marks her directorial debut of a narrative feature. Tammi is the Co-Founder of Mind Hive Films, and has produced content for clients such as Anonymous Content, Apple, Universal Music, Vogue, and MTV. Born and raised in New York City, and the daughter of two actors, she grew up in the theatre world. Tammi has worked under a handful of great directors, including Robert Altman, Mel Brooks and Susan Stroman. She is a graduate of Wesleyan University.
About The Wind
An unseen evil haunts the homestead in this chilling, folkloric tale of madness, paranoia, and otherworldly terror. Lizzy (Caitlin Gerard) is a tough, resourceful frontierswoman settling a remote stretch of land on the 19th-century American frontier. Isolated from civilization in a desolate wilderness where the wind never stops howling, she begins to sense a sinister presence that seems to be borne of the land itself, an overwhelming dread that her husband (Ashley Zukerman) dismisses as superstition. When a newlywed couple arrives on a nearby homestead, their presence amplifies Lizzy’s fears, setting into motion a shocking chain of events. Masterfully blending haunting visuals with pulse-pounding sound design, director Emma Tammi evokes a godforsaken world in which the forces of nature come alive with quivering menace.
In our second segment we chat about and give our thoughts on seeing Captain Marvel a second time (still no spoilers). We also chat about the Joshua Tree Feeding Program Strike Out Hunger Event, and thank everyone who has followed us on Twitter and Facebook. In our third segment, we highlight recent articles posted to the tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 56:27 — 51.8MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 211
- TG Geeks Episode 213
- Yesterday Trailer | Coming June 28th
- Ben’s Breakdown | Star Trek: Discovery – 3 Episode Thoughts Season 2
- Ben’s “Gay” Breakdown | At the End of the Day
- Netflix Umbrella Academy: Quirky and Bold | Andrea’s Angle
- Al’s Affectations | Doom Patrol Review
- Dr. Zombie – Monster Family Physician #40
- Can’t Wait For… Aladdin | Gini’s Yaps
- Erin’s Arcade of Words Reviews The Sequels #2 – Intergalactic Exchange Student
- PRESS RELEASE: 2nd Málaga Festival Fund & Co-Production Event selects Patricia Chica’s Montréal Girls.
- The Mustang: Second Chances | Andrea’s Angle
- Can’t Wait For… Avengers: Endgame | Gini’s Yaps
- Ben’s Breakdown | Us
- Review The Order: Spooky Supernatural Vibe | Andrea’s Angle
- News Sushi #55: Morsels of News from Japan and Beyond
- Erin’s Arcade of Words #4 – List of 10: Cult Classic RPGs
- This Week In Home Entertainment: Mary Poppins Returns | (Blu-Ray/DVD)
- The Karaoke Chronicles | Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me
- Joshua Tree Feeding Program | Strike Out Hunger Event
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by email, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site) to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.