TG Geeks Webcast Episode 217
The Two Gay Geeks have a chat with Bobby Bala, the writer / Director of the short film, “The Shipment” as well as his career in film and why he made this particular film. As part of this interview we also have Bobby’s daughter, Ishana joining us for the chat. The Shipment has been selected as one of the sci fi entires at the prestigious Tribeca Film Festival.
About Bobby Bala
Bobby Bala is an emerging director with a strong background in Visual FX and 3-D animation. As a father of two daughters, he was inspired to create a relatable human story about family and sacrifice.
About The Shipment
Unable to afford repairs to his old broken ship, a struggling interplanetary transporter and his daughter are stranded on a wretched spaceport as his morality is put to the test.
In our second segment we have a wrap up of Phoenix Film festival 2019, the films we saw and some of the activities we were able to be a part of. We also highlight recent articles posted to the tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 59:12 — 54.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 214
- TG Geeks Episode 216
- Cameras Roll on Denis’ Dune | In Theaters November 2020
- Dr. Zombie – Monster Family Physician #43
- The Curse of La Llorona Trailer | In Theaters April 19th
- Arizona Opera Season Finale, The Marriage of Figaro Perfectly Marries Sight and Sound
- Gini’s Yap – Restaurants on the Road | Golden Hunan
- Avengers: Endgame | Movie Clip Revealed
- Hick’s Picks | Doctor Who – Tom Baker Season 7 Blu-ray
- From TMS Entertainment | Detective Conan: The Fist of Blue Sapphire – In Theaters (Japan) April 12th
- The American Pavilion and Colin Higgins Foundation to Partner at 2019 Cannes Film Festival
- Gini’s Yap – Restaurants on the Road | Brent’s Deli
- Three Virgin Galactic Crew Presented with Commercial Astronaut Wings
- Disney Reveals The Lion King Trailer
- Big Trouble in Little China T-Shirts Now Available from Fright Rags
- From Ron Howard | Pavarotti A Documentary Trailer
- Al’s Affectations | Hellboy Review
- Little : Brilliantly Funny, Full of Truth | Andrea’s Angle
- Review Missing Link: Stop Motion Shines | Andrea’s Angle
- News Sushi #58: Morsels of News from Japan and Beyond
- Phantasm at 40 | Q & A with Don Coscarelli at Alamo Drafthouse – Tempe, AZ
- The Lavender Scare Coming Soon to Theaters Nationwide
- The Shipment Selected to Show at Tribeca Film Festival
- Star Wars Episode IX Teaser Trailer
- Raising Buchanan World Premiere at Phoenix Film Festival | Filmmaker Interview
- Phoenix Film Festival | Raising Buchanan
- Phoenix Film Festival | The Garden Left Behind
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by email, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site) to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.
1 thought on “TG Geeks Webcast Episode 217”
The Two Gay Geeks always at the forefront of indie films scoops!