TG Geeks Webcast Episode 219
The Two Gay Geeks have a chat with Ross Ozarka, filmmaker, all the way from New Zealand. Ross has a very unique way of making films that he will share in the interview. Have a listen to this fascinating story. BTW- even though he is in New Zealand you wouldn’t know it.
About Ross Ozarka
Ross Ozarka is a maker of films using popsicle stick animation. He has created all of the artwork himself for this unique way of making a film
About the Film
“Oops, I Murdered the Person the Person I Like Likes” is about Horatio, a servant who loves Princess Bellimperia. The feeling’s not mutual: she’s involved with a soldier, Andrea, and on top of that, her father has betrothed her to Don Lorenzo, leader of the Spanish Army. So she’s got enough on her plate.
When Bellimperia sends Horatio to the front lines to deliver a letter, he learns his crush has a secret plan: to have Andrea kill Lorenzo!
Horatio warns Lorenzo of this treachery. As a reward, Lorenzo offers to make Horatio a noble… if he takes care of Andrea.
When the Spanish Army falls into an ambush, Horatio gets the opportunity to murder the person the person he likes likes. And from there, things just go so wrong.
WHY YOU SHOULD WATCH THIS MOVIE:
This unique way of making movies will change your perceptions of filmmaking.
The tragicomic story provides wry humor and a cathartic exploration of forbidden emotions: greed, anger, ruthlessness, and grief.
Plus, you will be introduced to a beautiful yet overlooked classic of Western Literature, “The Spanish Tragedy,” by Thomas Kyd. This is the play Shakespeare ripped off to write Hamlet!
Watch the film here: Vimeo
In our second segment we chat about a little movie that made its way into theaters rather quietly this last week, and how much it affected us with its drama, pathos, and humor. That movie is Avengers: Endgame. We also highlight recent articles posted to the tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 57:42 — 53.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 216
- TG Geeks Episode 218
- AVENGERS: ENDGAME | Special Look Trailer
- This Joker is No Joke | See the New Trailer for Yourself
- Missing Link: Stop Motion Shines | Andrea’s Angle
- Dr. Zombie – Monster Family Physician #45
- American Pavilion Celebrates Diversity in 2019 with Extraordinary Emerging Filmmaker Showcase Films
- Ben’s Breakdown | Avengers: Endgame
- Five Questions With… Chris McCombs
- Gini’s Yaps – Restaurants on the Road | K-Bob’s Steakhouse – Ft. Stockton, TX
- Cinemax Renews Warrior for a Second Season
- News Sushi #60: Morsels of News from Japan and Beyond
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by email, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site) to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.