The Two Gay Geeks have a chat with Brandon Rhea, Social Media Manager for Square Egg Entertainment, the parent company of Phoenix Fan Fusion. Brandon filled us in on the specifics of their new signature event, “Queen Lantern Corps, Dragstravaganza”. We also learned about his career and how he came to work for Square Egg and what is in store for Fan Fusion. It was an exciting conversation about a new fandom for folks to celebrate, not to mention inclusivity in fandoms as a whole.
About Phoenix Fan Fusion
Phoenix Fan Fusion is a multigenre entertainment and comic book convention held annually in Phoenix, Arizona. It was founded as the Phoenix Cactus Comicon in June 2002, and originally consisted of a one-day six-hour event held in Ahwatukee, Arizona. PHXFF plays host to comic related panels, programming events, art contests, and autograph signings for all ages. It is a four-day event (Thursday-Sunday) held during the summer at the Phoenix Convention Center in downtown Phoenix. On Thursday evening prior to the official opening of the event, there is a preview for professionals, exhibitors, and select guests pre-registered for all four days.
Phoenix Fan Fusion has a new signature event featuring a veteran of Ru Paul’s Drag Race, Phi Phi O’Hara and an all-star roster of fabulous local drag queens ready to be your heroines and take the stage to slay in a one-night-only revue! This is an 18+ separately ticketed event so, go to PhoenixFanFusion.com for tickets.
In our second segment we chat very briefly about The Deep Space Nine documentary, What We Left Behind as well as talk about the Jumper premiere at The American Pavilion at Festival de Cannes. We also highlight recent articles posted to the tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 219
- TG Geeks Episode 220
- TG Geeks Episode 221
- Regarding Erin’s Arcade of Words Reviews The Sequels #3 – Van Helsing High School
- Gini’s Yaps – Restaurants on the Road | Market on Houston – San Antonio, TX
- Dr. Zombie – Monster Family Physician #48
- Five Questions With… Janni Olsson
- Trial by Fire: Moving and Emotional | Andrea’s Angle
- All is True: Legacies of the Bard | Andrea’s Angle
- Movie Review: Tolkien Is Not a Portrait of the Artist
- News Sushi #63: Morsels of News from Japan and Beyond
- Movie Review: The Souvenir
- Ben’s Breakdown | What We Left Behind: A Love Letter for “Deep Space Nine”
- Five Questions With… Dean Newcombe
- Festival de Cannes: Special Coverage | The American Pavilion presents Jumper Premiere
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by email, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site) to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.