TG Geeks Webcast Episode 233
The Two Gay Geeks 🏳️🌈 have a real treat today. We chat with Mark Ellis, who was marketing director for Mattel Corporation in the late 70’s and early 80’s and was instrumental in the creation of all things He-Man. Mark tells us how he came aboard and shares some rather humorous anecdotes about the whole process. Have a listen and we hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
About Mark Ellis
Mark Ellis was in marketing for several years, before he was scooped up by Mattel Corporation to help int he creation of a new male action figure. That action figure turned out to be He-Man. Mark was instrumental in the creation of much of the story, characters, and mythos of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.
He-Man is the principal superhero of a series of comic books and several animated television series, characterized by his superhuman strength. In most variations, he is the alter ego of Prince Adam. He-Man and his friends attempt to defend the realm of Eternia and the secrets of Castle Grayskull from the evil forces of Skeletor.
In our second segment, we chat about the TV Series, Elementary, now in its 7th and final season (spoiler free). We also chat about Weird Al, who we were seeing that evening. More on that in a future episode. We also highlight recent articles posted to the tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever-popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 57:35 — 52.8MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 227
- TG Geeks Episode 232
- Ben’s Breakdown | Godzilla: King of the Monsters roars and finally has bite!
- The Two Gay Geeks: Meet the Nerdy Duo
- Ben’s Breakdown | Thursday Midnight is a brilliant and shocking chapter regarding Vampires and Humanity
- Dr. Zombie – Monster Family Physician #59
- Ben’s “Gay” Breakdown | I’m Fine is a series that has cliché characters, but also with a point to make.
- Five Questions With… John Zanetti
- Andrea Van Scoyoc Joins TG Geeks as a Contributor
- Fast and Furious Presents Hobbs & Shaw: Larger than Life, Twice as Fun
- From Oscar Nominee Laura Linney to RuPaul Drag Race Awardees, Beat the Heat with Revry’s August Originals on Pluto TV
- News Sushi #73: Morsels of News from Japan and Beyond
- Andy’s Antics | A Misanthrope’s Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by e-mail, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate about supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate it if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.