The Two Gay Geeks 🏳️🌈 have a chat with Hal Astell, Vice Chair for CoKoCon 19. He shares with us what CoKoCon is and how it came about as well as a few of the guests attending. He is also the creator and founder of the Apocalypse Later Film festival and will be doing one of his roadshows at CoKoCon. It is always great to have a few well curated films to screen at a con. Have a listen and we hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
About Hal Astell
Just in case you don’t recognise the name, you may know me instead as Henry, Fan, Poe, Poetry, Albert, Intrigued, Dawtrina, Chewy, Twin, English, Halberto or even Count Chaos. All these, and no doubt many others, are li’l ol’ me. Even though I’ve lived in Arizona since 2004, I am not yet Hank Chuck Frank. I am, however, a centenarian Venezuelan woman on Facebook. I figure that if they want to data mine me, they should have fun doing so.
CoKoCon is a traditional science fiction/fantasy con in Phoenix, AZ which will return to the Labor Day weekend for a second year in 2019.
We’ll be hosting guests of honor, an art show, dealers room, gaming, filk, room parties, you name it! As with all sf/f cons, the heart of the event will be our ConSuite.
In our second segment, we chat about the TV Series, Elementary, now that the season has ended (spoiler-free). We also chat about Alamo Drafthouse that recently opened in Los Angeles. We also highlight recent articles posted to the tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever-popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 1
- TG Geeks Episode 229
- TG Geeks Episode 234
- 1776 (1972) | Old Classics?…Newly Reviewed
- “BOYSTOWN” | Book Series by Jake Biondi
- Ben’s “Gay” Book Breakdown | Boystown: Season One is a saucy gay soap opera that redefines guilty pleasures.
- Horrible Imaginings Film Festival Celebrates Ten Years
- KD Edwards Releases Chapter One of a Tarot Sequence Novelette Online
- Spider-Man: Far From Home is a heroically fun movie!
- Dr. Zombie: Monster Family Physician #61
- Upstart animation studio Pactless Studios debuts with their first web series, Pactless Patrons: A Support Group
- This Week In Home Entertainment – Avengers: Endgame (Blu-Ray Review)
- Ben’s Breakdown | Blood & Treasure is a treasure hunt with your brain checked at the door
- Andrea’s Angle | Good Boys: Wrong in all the Right Ways
- Andrea’s Angle | Where’d You Go, Bernadette?: Quirky and Insightful
- News Sushi #75: Morsels of News from Japan and Beyond
- The Grand Canyon Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence Announce Date for Red Dress Ball
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by e-mail, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate about supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate it if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.