TG Geeks Webcast Episode 261
The Two Gay Geeks 🏳️🌈 have a chat with NY Times Best Selling Author, Suzanne Brockmann about her writing career and the new twist in her life of being a film producer with her son Jason T. Gaffney. We also chat about the newest web series, Marriage of Inconvenience, they are readying a Kickstarter for. Have a listen and we hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
About Suzanne Brockmann
After childhood plans to become the captain of a starship didn’t pan out, Suzanne Brockmann took her fascination with military history, her respect for the men and women who serve, her reverence for diversity, and her love of storytelling, and explored brave new worlds as a bestselling romance author. Over the past twenty-five years she has written more than fifty-five novels, including her award-winning Troubleshooters series about Navy SEAL heroes and the women—and sometimes men—who win their hearts.
Her personal favorite is the one where her most popular character, gay FBI agent Jules Cassidy, wins his happily-ever-after and marries the man of his dreams. Called All Through the Night, this was the first mainstream romance novel with a hero and a hero to hit the New York Times hardcover fiction bestseller list. In 2007, Suz donated all of her earnings from this book, in perpetuity, to MassEquality, to help win and preserve equal marriage rights in Massachusetts.
Since her explosion onto the publishing scene all those years ago, Suz has become widely recognized as one of the leading voices in romantic suspense. Her work has earned her repeated appearances on the USA Today and New York Times bestseller lists, as well as numerous awards, including Romance Writers of America’s #1 Favorite Book of the Year (three years running), two RITA Awards, and many Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice Awards.
In addition to writing books, Suz has co-produced several feature-length indie movies, the rom-com The Perfect Wedding, which she co-wrote with Ed and Jason, and the upcoming thriller Russian Doll. She has also created a line of m/m category romantic comedy novellas called Suzanne Brockmann Presents.
Suz is a proud member of PFLAG, the American Civil Liberties Union, the Southern Poverty Law Center, the Human Rights Campaign, MassEquality, and Florida Equality. A firm believer in civil rights for all people, she fought hard to bring equal marriage rights to all citizens of her home state, Massachusetts, then moved to Florida to do the same there.
About marriage of Inconvenience
New names, new jobs, new lives, new husbands…? Two gay men entering a witness protection program find themselves “married” to help hide their identities from the dangerous people who want them dead. An Odd Couple for the 2020s.
Look for our press release on Wednesday February 19th with the Kickstarter link in it.
In our second segment, we chat about the Netflix series Locke & Key. We also highlight recent articles posted to the tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever-popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 57:28 — 52.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
- TG Geeks Episode 256
- TG Geeks Episode 260
- Ben’s “Gay” Breakdown | Analysis Paralysis is a therapist’s romantic comedy dream come true!
- Ben’s “Gay” Breakdown |Where Love is an Out Of Body Experience
- Dr. Zombie – Monster Family Physician #87
- Ben’s Book Breakdown | The Mortal Vestige is an artistic and fitting coda for the Immortal Wake series.
- Ben’s Three Episode Thoughts | Netflix’s Locke & Key
- Ben’s Three Episode Thoughts | Star Trek: Picard
- Andrea’s Angle | The Photograph is a Beautiful and Complex Love Story
- New at Fright-Rags just in Time for Valentine’s Day | My Bloody Valentine, Dracula, and Special Reprint of Bride of Chucky
- Hamish Downie’s Five Questions With Miho of L Japan
- HBO Europe’s New Sci-Fi Crime Drama BEFOREIGNERS Premieres February 18th
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by e-mail, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate about supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate it if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.