TG Geeks Webcast Episode 268
The Two Gay Geeks 🏳️🌈 have a chat with good friend Patricia Chica, filmmaker and Super Connector, and Dr. Rebekah Louisa Smith, The Film Festival Doctor. We chat about the state of Film Festivals currently and what they see as the path forward in light of a changing world. There were a lot of great ideas and thoughts not he subject. Have a listen and we hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
About Dr. Rebekah Louisa Smith
The Film Festival Doctor works within the area of film distribution. We can help you get your film seen at international Film Festivals and create an award winning strategy. So far, we have helped filmmakers win over 700 awards at international film festivals. Our service also extends to helping you find the right sales agent for your film & promoting your film at festivals We help you both save money and make money as a filmmaker.
A graduate from the Film Production department at Concordia University (with distinction), she specializes in high-quality character-driven content that depicts strong emotions, thought-provoking stories and a profound message. Patricia Chica is an alumna of the TIFF Filmmaker Lab, CMPA Pre-Sales Pitches in L.A. program, Málaga MAFIZ Lab, SODEC_LAB in Cannes, as well as a recipient of the Temerty Family Fellowship – Share Her Journey Program.
Besides her personal independent film work, Chica has also directed and/or worked as a producer on world-class primetime broadcast content for networks such as National Geographic, Showcase, Bravo!, MTV, Oxygen, ARTV, CBC, CBS, UniMás, and El Rey Network just to name a few. She is perfectly fluent in English, Spanish and French and has built a loyal social media fan base and connections in those three markets.
In our second segment, Ben talks about the Universe of Gail Z. Martin and specifically about the book, Deadly Curiosities. We also highlight recent articles posted to tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever-popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 59:55 — 55.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 267
- Ben’s “Gay” Book Breakdown | Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing is a murder mystery in true Agatha Christie fashion, but with werewolves!
- Ben’s “Gay” Book Breakdown | Deadly Curiosities – The amazing paranormal world of Gail Z. Martin
- Gini Koch | Binging My Life Away | Doom Patrol
- Dr. Zombie – Monster Family Physician #94
- Nicole Conn’s More Beautiful for Having Been Broken Gets Worldwide Distribution with Vision Films
- Andrea’s Angle | Never, Rarely, Sometimes, Always is Emotional with Nuanced Performances
- Hamish Downie’s Five Questions with Leslie Taylor of The Human Element
- Focus Features Kicks Off “Movie Mondays” with Free Facebook Live Streams of Classic Focus Titles
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeramiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by e-mail, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate about supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate it if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.