The Two Gay Geeks 🏳️🌈 have a chat with Charle Freedom Long, author, who really didn’t start writing until after he retired from the regular routine of a job. He writes in the sci-fi genre with elements of what some might call paranormal. Have a listen and we hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
About Charles Freedom Long
Charles Freedom Long writes science fiction about what might be. Psionics, multi-sensory human beings, telepathy, telekinesis, precognition, clairsentience, energy medicine, awareness and ongoing communication between the living and the dead as a fact of daily life, and how that might affect the life and philosophy of a world.
A psychologist who is also a medium, he talks with deceased people all the time. So, with the help of some friends on both sides of the veil called death, he began writing science fiction from a spiritualist point of view.
He has lived and worked in the U.S, Canada, England and Africa, and seen how what we might think is “the way things are” is not necessarily the way other people see it. He’s now happily living the life of a hermit in the boonies of Western New York, with his wife and three Maltese dogs. And finally getting the time to write and read all those books he said he would.
FINALIST- BEST SF/F BOOK OF 2018—Next Generation Indie Book Awards
Aidan Ray, a successful attorney—and psychic—secretly communes with the dead in a fascist fundamentalist society that would call her “Witch” and wipe her mind.
Earth is split into separate warring theocracies who want to dominate the planet. They are on the verge of expanding their conflict into outer space.
Michael Good, an executive who likes to live dangerously, leads a secret insurgency in Aidan’s home state.
Fate places them together. And together, they must face a crisis that could destroy the earth.
A mediating alien, concerned about the future of their shared universe, has come to earth. His galaxy is on the verge of making a preemptive strike against Earth, to prevent the spread of a species that resolves its problems by murdering each other—a diseased specimen that may have to be exterminated before it infects other worlds.
He ponders if Earth is worth saving and asks Aidan and Michael to plead humanity’s case to the council of the seven worlds before the earth is destroyed.
But to do that, they must brave the hazardous passage to another galaxy from which they may never return.
Or have anything to return to.
In our second segment, we chat about the ABC series from 2005, Forever with Ioan Gruffud. We also highlight recent articles posted to the tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever-popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 280
- New Series Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Will Be a Star Trek: Discovery spinoff
- Ben’s “Gay” Breakdown | We’re Here Shows The True Power Of Drag
- Hamish Downie’s Five Questions With Chris Rodriguez of Let Me Draw That
- TG Geeks Celebrates Six Years
- Nerdy Chupacabras #002
- Ben’s “Gay” Breakdown | We All Need A Big Eden.
- Disney+ Brings Hamilton to the People
- Amazon Studios and Michael B. Jordan’s Outlier Society Present “A Night At The Drive-In”
- Ben’s “Gay” Breakdown | Love, Victor Season 1 Wrap-Up
- Award Winning Filmmaker Nicole Conn Launches Nicole Conn Films Global (NCFG)
- Ben’s Breakdown | The Order Season 2 Wrap-Up
- Hamish Downie has Five Questions With Paul LaGreca
- 1776 (1972) | Old Classics?…Newly Reviewed
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by e-mail, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate about supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate it if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.