The Two Gay Geeks 🏳️🌈 have a chat with Elena Joy who is the founder of the Pride and Joy Foundation. She tells us her story and what prompted her to create a foundation for the LGBTQ+ community. She also gives us a little bit of an idea of what the foundation does and where she envisions it going. Have a listen and we hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
About Elena Joy
Elena Joy Thurston is an inspirational speaker and founder of the Pride and Joy Foundation. She grew up in a turbulent home, joined a conservative church as a teenager, put herself through college, married and birthed 4 beautiful children, and then…
Life 2.0 brought a divorce, leaving/getting kicked out of her church, a beautiful love story, and a successful new career! Her viral TEDx talk has paved the way for speaking engagements around the country. Audiences have included ABC, CBS and Fox news stations, the First Event in Boston, the Seacoast Wellness Series in New Hampshire, the THRIVE conference in Utah, as well as multiple prints and online media and podcasts.
The Pride and Joy Foundation is dedicated to building self-awareness and safety in LGBTQ families and their allies. The education resources teach concepts such as Core Values, Limiting Beliefs, and Self-Awareness in an affordable and accessible way. We believe that when LGBTQ and allied individuals integrate these resources, their lives and their families become stronger and safer. Additionally, the foundation hosts an online support group. Queer parents with straight kids get to receive and give support to straight parents with queer kids, and allies get to learn how to raise the next generation of allies.
Elena Joy continues to speak to businesses and organizations regarding
· the damage that conversion therapy does to communities
· inclusion in the workplace and at home
· Life 2.0: how to love your new normal
In our second segment, we chat about Star Trek: Lower Decks… We also highlight recent articles posted to the tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever-popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 284
- TG Geeks Episode 285
- Hamish Downie’s Five Questions with Michael Chan and Nightingale Nguyen of Talking With Our Mouths Full
- Nerdy Chupacabras #007
- Ben’s Breakdown | The Umbrella Academy Season 2: Three Episode Thoughts
- Uplifting Short Film The Gesture And The Word Brings A Much Needed Touch Of Positivity In Today’s World
- Ben’s “Gay” Breakdown | Forget The Raven Saying Nevermore. How about Never Again???
- Hamish Downie’s Five Questions with Richard Lee
- Andrea’s Angle | The Umbrella Academy Season 2 Wrap Up: Unexpected Twists and Character Growth
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by e-mail, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate about supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate it if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.