The Two Gay Geeks 🏳️🌈 have a chat with Jesus Canchola Sanchez about his career in writing, filmmaking, and as a writer of children’s books. We were excited to learn about the genesis of Pepito and how he came to write a bilingual inclusive children’s book. Have a listen and we hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
About Jesus Canchola Sanchez
Jesús Canchola Sánchez had his first short story published at the age of 7 in his Chicago elementary school newspaper. He made his film feature debut as writer/director with the movie Bittersweet Waters. Pepito has a doll is his first children’s story. Jesús was a boy who played with dolls. More details can be found here: https://www.bittersweetwaters.com/cast-crew
About Pepito Has a Doll
Releasing Jan. 20th, Pepito Has a Doll is centered on the experience of a shy young boy who lives with his grandmother. Pepito has only one friend, his doll Lola, until Miguel appears and they begin a joyful adventure together. Bilingual in English and Spanish, this story is an opportunity for families to discuss traditional gender roles and same-gender attraction. As more and more of the children’s book industry is incorporating LGBT characters, rarely do they feature families of color.
Pepito loves his doll Lola. She’s his only friend. He takes her to school in secret because his schoolmates will make fun of him. He’s shy. The other kids at school don’t play with him. Every night he prays to find a friend at school. One day a new student arrives at Pepito’s school, Miguel. Find out if Pepito and Migues become friends in this charming story of a boy and his doll.
In our second segment, we chat about our re-watching of West Wing, Enterprise, and we added Fringe. A Christmas gift of the entire catalog of Night Gallery is on the list as well. We also purchased the Universal Monster 30 film boxed set. We also highlight recent articles posted to the tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever-popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 305
- TG Geeks Episode 306
- TG Geeks Episode 308
- Ben’s Holiday Breakdown | There is NOTHING Special about the Star Wars Holiday Special
- Ben’s Breakdown | Is Wonder Woman 1984 a Wonderful Sequel?
- Nerdy Chupacabras #030
- Ben’s Breakdown | Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Thoughts
- Queer BiLingual Children’s Book, Pepito Has a Doll set to Release January 20
- Andrea’s Angle | Hear Voices From The Past in One Night in Miami
- News Sushi #108: Morsels of News from Japan and Beyond
- Ben’s “Gay” Breakdown | Marriage and Murder May Have You Cry Wolf
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by e-mail, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate about supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate it if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.