The Two Gay Geeks 🏳️🌈 have a chat with J. Scott Coatsworth, author. We have spoken to Scott a couple of times about what is now called his “Ariadne Series” of books as well as some of his other works. This time Scott tells us about his newest book, now available called, Dropnauts, and how it came to be. It is a great read and especially for those that have read some of Scott’s other works. Have a listen and we hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
About J. Scott Coatsworth
Scott lives with his husband Mark in a yellow bungalow in Sacramento. He was indoctrinated into fantasy and sci-fi by his mother at the tender age of nine. He devoured her library, but as he grew up, he wondered where all the people like him were.
He decided that if there weren’t queer characters in his favorite genres, he would remake them to his own ends.
A Rainbow Award-winning author, he runs Queer Sci Fi, QueeRomance Ink, and Other Worlds Ink with Mark, sites that celebrate fiction reflecting queer reality, and is a full member of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA).
Life after the Crash.
Over a century after the end of the Earth, life goes on in Redemption, the sole remaining Lunar colony, and possibly the last outpost of humankind in the Solar System. But with an existential threat burrowing its way into the Moon’s core, humanity must recolonize the homeworld.
Twenty brave dropnauts set off on a mission to explore the empty planet. Four of them—Rai, Hera, Ghost, and Tien—have trained for two-and-a-half years for the Return. They’re bound for Martinez Base, just outside the Old Earth city of San Francisco.
But what awaits them there will turn their assumptions upside down—and in the process, either save or destroy what’s left of humanity.
In our second segment, we chat about some of our exploring with my favorite sister who is in town with her husband, John. We also highlight recent articles posted to the tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever-popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 322
- TG Geeks Episode 326
- Fanbase Press to Release Nuclear Power #1 on April 21st
- Hamish Downie’s News Sushi #116: Morsels of News From Japan and Beyond
- Ben’s Breakdown | Godzilla vs. Kong Delivers The Goods, But Is It Art?
- Ben’s Breakdown | Debris Season 1: 3 Episode Thoughts
- Nerdy Chupacabras #048
- Arizona Opera Announces Casting for 50th Anniversary Season
- Andrea’s Angle | Final Account: Powerful, Intense, Let us not Forget
- Andrea’s Angle | Dream Horse: Funny and Full of Hope
- Andrea’s Angle | P!NK: All I Know So Far: Authentic Portrait of a Talented Woman
- Hamish Downie’s Five Questions With Hudson Phillips
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – The Human Arkle on Twitter @arkle — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by e-mail, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate about supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate it if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.