The Two Gay Geeks 🏳️🌈 have a chat with David R. Slayton about the release of Trailer Park Trickster, the second book in the “Adam Binder series”. We chat briefly about his story and how he got into writing as well as when he decided to write the Adam Binder series and how it grew. We always have a great conversation with David. Have a listen and we hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
About David R Slayton
David R. Slayton grew up in Guthrie, Oklahoma, where finding fantasy novels was pretty challenging, and finding fantasy novels with diverse characters was downright impossible. Now he lives in Denver, Colorado, and writes the books he always wanted to read. Find him on the web at www.davidrslayton.com
Returning to Guthrie, Oklahoma for the funeral of his mysterious and beloved Aunt Sue, Adam Binder once again finds himself in the path of deadly magic when a dark druid begins to prey on members of Adam’s family. It all seems linked to the death of Adam’s father many years ago—a man who may have somehow survived as a warlock.
Watched by the police, separated from the man who may be the love of his life, compelled to seek the truth about his connection to the druid, Adam learns more about his family and its troubled history than he ever bargained for, and finally comes face to face with the warlock he has vowed to stop.
Meanwhile, beyond the Veil of the mortal world, Argent the Queen of Swords and Vic the Reaper undertake a dangerous journey to a secret meeting of the Council of Races . . . where the sea elves are calling for the destruction of humanity.
In our second segment, we chat about the new CSI: Las Vegas on CBS and a series out of Australia on Acorn TV, The Heart Guy / Doctor Doctor. We also highlight recent articles posted to tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever-popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 344
- TG Geeks Episode 346
- The Gotham WEEK Project Market Selects Brother, Man by Patricia Chica
- Deeply Disturbing Cult Tale, The Family, World Premiere At The Busan International Film Festival
- The Fifth Annual Apocalypse Later International Film Festival (ALIFF) – October 8 – 10
- The Electrical Life of Louis Wain in Theaters October 22 and Prime Video November 5
- Cyrano starring Peter Dinklage, in Theaters December 31st
- Hamish Downie’s Five Questions With Doug Probst aka Shawn Mayotte
- Hamish Downie’s Five Questions With Nicole Kilpatrick
- Nerdy Chupacabras #068
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – Brian, the &-list YouTuberon Twitter @G33kOfAllTrades — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by e-mail, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate about supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate it if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.