The Two Gay Geeks 🏳️🌈 have a chat with Michael Seabolt, Director and writer of the short film Sleep Tight. We chat about how he got into film and this film in particular. As usual, we were a bit goofy and went off on a tangent (hopefully it isn’t too much….). We also chat about this really being a proof of concept for a feature film. Have a listen and we hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
About Michael Seabolt
Growing up in a small town in Maryland, I did the usual small-town activities – played sports and hung out with friends. But, what I dreamed about was making movies. I have always had a love for the horror/thriller genres. Waiting for my parents to go to bed and then sneaking downstairs to watch horror movies is my favorite memory that I shared with my brother. The scarier that better – even if it meant that neither of us got any sleep that night.
After college, I quickly figured out the 9-5 world wasn’t for me. I packed up my car and headed to Los Angeles! No job, no network or connections – just a dream and a strong work ethic. I started as a PA and worked in almost every department. I ended up in the Assistant Director world and have made a career of it for the past couple of years. Though it’s an awesome job, I felt something was missing and wanted a chance to express more of my creativity. After saving and planning for months, I was able to make my dream come true – my Directorial Debut short film Sleep Tight.
Preston’s adoptive parents Daniel and Kate think that he is just going through a phase, but Kate fears it may be more because of Preston’s haunted past. Are the monsters in Preston’s closet his past coming back to haunt him? Or is it just another kid with an overactive imagination? One thing is for sure, it’s going to be a night everyone will remember…
In our second segment, we chat about the Arizona Opera performance of El Milagro del Recuerdo and how moving and wonderful it was. We also highlight recent articles posted to tggeeks.com in the past week. As always we have our birthdays and we have the ever-popular feedback segment.
We welcome your feedback. Please, let us know what you think. Good or bad, we want to know and you could receive a shoutout in the feedback segment. Thank you for listening, we really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend with us.
Our YouTube channel is audio only:
Show Notes / Links:
- TG Geeks Episode 351
- TG Geeks Episode 354
- Christmas Classics of Gini Koch | Nightmare Before Christmas
- Ben’s Breakdown | Coco is a beautiful celebration of life, love, and music!
- Ben’s Holiday Breakdown | Christmas With The Kranks is a Movie With The Laughs!
- Ben’s Holiday Breakdown | Jingle All The Way may not have you Laughing All The Way
- Andrea’s Angle | Wolf – Intriguing Concepts, Heavy Handed Message
- Andrea’s Angle | Encounter – Powerful Performances
- Nerdy Chupacabras #076
- Disney+ Releases TV Spot for The Book of Boba Fett
- Hamish Downie’s Christmas Playlist Part 2
- The Arkle Times Post Dispatch News – Brian, the &-list YouTuberon Twitter @G33kOfAllTrades — Be sure to take a look at Arkle’s other venture: Arkle Studios presents Shameless Cash Grab
- Special thanks go the Facebook Group moderators of “Gay Geeks Afterhours” for encouraging us to share our content there, and there URL is www.facebook.com/groups/gaygeeksafterhours/.
- Here’s a special shout out to “The Gay Geek” for graciously allowing us to post our episodes in their Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/thegaygeek. And a special Thank You to Jeremiah Reeves, the moderator, for being such a great guy.
Things to know from The Two Gay Geeks:
Be sure to read the Privacy / Terms and Conditions Of Use. And Please, Play Nice.
You are Important To Us
We welcome your suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like or if you have an opinion or comment on an article or the show. We’re available by e-mail, Facebook, or call our listener line at 469.TG Geeks (469.844.3357). Let us know if there is something we should be watching and why, and we may just give you a shout-out in a future episode. We will not publish or use your email address to spam you. If you have a podcast or know of a podcast we should be aware of, please use the contact form and send us the information and we will take a look.
Support Independent Creators
As you know we are huge supporters of Independent Creators and not just in film. TG Geeks supports any kind of creative outlet that’s independent in nature. We know we’re always pushing something, but we’re passionate about supporting indie artists. We ask that you to take a look at the independent creators we talk about and any others you may discover on your own and give a helping hand. It doesn’t have to be much, but every little bit helps in the scheme of things.
TG Geeks are members of the Amazon affiliate program. This means we link to items or place ads on the site to help defray the cost of this venture. We would appreciate it if you could at least click on an ad every so often – or follow a link to a product we’re excited to about — so Amazon knows we’re doing our best. It would be much appreciated. Also, if you happen to see something or want to buy something from Amazon, click through one of our searches and buy it that way. We get a small commission if you do. Thank You.